- “What To Do” Hair Growth Tips
- 1. Apply Natural Hair Growth Oils Daily And Do Hair Mask Treatments Weekly
- 2. Do Not Shampoo The Hair Daily And Always Use Hair Conditioner After Shampooing
- 3. Brush Your Hair With Care And Delicacy
- 4. Oil Massage Your Scalp
- 5. Eat Right Foods That Has Nutrients And Vitamins For Hair; Take Hair Growth Supplements If Required
- 6. Stay Stress-Free And Relaxed
- 7. Trim The Split Ends Of Hair Once A Month
- 8. Use Silk Pillow Covers And Clean Bed Sheets
- 9. Always Rinse Your Hair Cold Water
- “What Not To Do” Hair Growth Tips
Are you worried about excess hair fall or thinning hair? If so, here are a few proven tips on how to make your hair grow faster and prevent hair loss.
The hair growth tips in this article will certainly work if you are ready to follow the suggestions and wait patiently for the ‘slow’ but steady improvement in renewed hair growth.
There are NO magical pills or oils for faster growth of hair. There is nothing that can produce overnight results for hair. A single strand of hair can grow about a quarter of an inch to a half an inch max in a month.
Steady growth and stoppage of hair fall are possible with healthy hair care practices and suitable natural remedies. According to hair-care experts, fast hair growth is possible to a great extent by preventing hair damages, better hair treatments, healthy foods for hair, and following a healthy lifestyle.
However, hair fall due to the impact of critical diseases, medication or genetic disorders is not fully reversible always. In such cases, hair transplantation or proven baldness treatments are the only way forward.
In this article, we shall see “What To Do” and “What Not To Do” for rapid hair growth, hair thickening and preventing hair fall.
“What To Do” Hair Growth Tips
After much research into several hair growth treatments and important hair-care practices, I have selectively chosen “9 Hair Growth Tips” that will certainly produce satisfactory hair growth results over a period in most people.
These are simple and practical solutions that you should be just doing for the sake of lustrous and beautiful hair.
1. Apply Natural Hair Growth Oils Daily And Do Hair Mask Treatments Weekly
The ancient wisdom of hair growth remedies heavily relied on natural oils for hair treatments. Those ancient oil treatments for hair works; they are the most popular hair growth remedies even today.
Natural oils are healthy and contain nutrients and other ingredients required for healthy growth and protection of hair.
Three of the best hair growth oils are coconut oil, castor oil, and argan oil. Use any of one of these oils daily on hair and scalp. You can think of applying (massaging) it on scalp and hair about 30 minutes to 1 hour before you have the daily shower.
You can also find several other oil based hair treatments that have combinations of natural oils and herbal extracts that have proven effects on faster growth of hair. If you are not sure which on them to use, you can test two or three of that oil-based treatments, and then stick to the one that works best for you.
You should have a hair mask treatment done once a week. Oil mask, egg mask, Vitamin E capsule mask and rosemary mask are few of the most popular and effective hair mask treatments.
2. Do Not Shampoo The Hair Daily And Always Use Hair Conditioner After Shampooing
The purpose of shampooing the hair is for deep cleansing of hair strands and scalp. Shampoos could turn harsh on hair as it removes the natural moistures in hair and makes the hair dry and brittle. Shampoo also reduces the effects of oil treatments you do on hair for the growth of hair.
The shampooing to be done only when you feel a lot of dust and dirt has accumulated on hair and scalp.
A woman who spends the most time in indoors (home or office) hardly gets the hair dirtied. Normally, shampooing to be done not more than twice or thrice a week.
While shampooing, be cautious and gentler on your hair by only lathering up at your scalp and then simply allowing the suds slide down strands as the water rinses away.
Use only the organic and natural shampoos that do not cause any side effects.
You should use a good quality hair conditioner (preferably an organic hair conditioner) every time after you shampoo the hair. Daily use of hair conditioner after the shower is necessary for those who use hair coloring and heat styling or with dry and thin strands of hair.
Hair conditioner helps replace the lipids and proteins inside the hair shaft. AT conditioner also adds a protective cover to hair strands to stay healthy and well moisturized. Good hair conditioners also make the hair shining and healthy looking.
3. Brush Your Hair With Care And Delicacy
Brush your hair, not more than twice or thrice day to avoid physical harm to fragile hair strands.
If you have long and tangled hair, start brushing gently from the bottom and work your way up to the scalp. Both wet and dry strands are equally susceptible to breakage.
The biggest damager to your hair is ‘excess brushing and over-styling’.
4. Oil Massage Your Scalp
Massaging your scalp with natural hair growth oils like coconut oil, castor oil, argan oil or any other hair-oil mixtures proved to be good for hair growth.
Massaging activates the blood vessels in the scalp and increases the blood flow to the hair follicles. With increased blood flow, the hair follicles receive more nutrients required for the growth of hair.
The oil also contains nutrients and other ingredients that promote hair growth and protects the hair strands.
It is apt to use slightly warmed up oil and or organic hair conditioners for massaging the scalp. After applying the oil, gently rub your fingers on your scalp in a circular motion for three to five minutes.
5. Eat Right Foods That Has Nutrients And Vitamins For Hair; Take Hair Growth Supplements If Required
The most important hair care is having daily diets that are rich in protein, vitamins and minerals that are essential for growth of hair.
Eat foods that are high in vitamins A, B, C, and E, iron, zinc, copper, magnesium, and selenium. The most important constituent of hair is the protein, especially the biotin.
The crash diets and processed foods are NOT good enough for hair.
If you feel that you do not have a healthy diet, you should consider the option of having multi-vitamin supplements daily.
Some of the best foods for hair are such as milk, cheese, yogurt, chicken, eggs, whole grains, salmon, spinach, broccoli, bell peppers, cabbage, parsley, grapefruit, avocado, brown bread, oats, and alfalfa in your diet to nourish your hair and scalp.
All foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids help in the improved growth of hair.
6. Stay Stress-Free And Relaxed
People who are over stressed and tensioned experience increased hair fall and faster graying of hair.
Stress is brain related mental discomfort that alters the production and functions of several key hormones in the body. The hormonal variations result in hair fall and faster graying. It is believed that stress can disrupt the normal hair cycle and trigger hairs to enter the telogen or fall-out phase.
‘Stress’ is more common in people who are over-worked, tired and faced with challenging tasks and situations in life. The calmness and composure of body and mind can be regained by engaging in recreational activities, yoga meditation, longer hours of sleep and better sexual life.
7. Trim The Split Ends Of Hair Once A Month
Trimming hair ends does not have any direct impact on hair growth, but it helps in minimizing hair damages.
The split ends of hair gradually work their way up the strands and increase the hair breakage and damages. Nipping the split ends in the bud is a preventive step to reduce further damage and breakage of hair.
You can take the help of your stylist to cut off just about 5 mm of your split hair ends once a month. This also helps to keep your hair even and beautiful.
8. Use Silk Pillow Covers And Clean Bed Sheets
The pillow covers made of silk is soft and smooth which helps in avoiding hair friction on the pillow while you sleep.
“Silk is easier on hair — it helps to avoid tangles and breakage,” says Jesleen Ahluwalia, M.D., a physician from Spring Street Dermatology in New York City. Proven experiences of people suggest that people who use sateen or silk pillow covers have fewer tangles and breakages of hair.
Clean bed sheets, devoid of dust, body oil stains, and perspiration is necessary for keeping your hair clean and healthy.
Reduction in breakage and tangles will produce visible signs of less f hair fall and better hair growth.
9. Always Rinse Your Hair Cold Water
Rinsing your hair with warm water or having a warm water shower is bad for the hair. This removes the natural moisture on hair and makes your hair dry and thin.
Cold water flows through the outer layer of hair more smoothly, which helps to prevent moisture loss, snags, and heat damage.
Cold water preserves and protects the good effects of hair oil and hair conditioners you use.
“What Not To Do” Hair Growth Tips
We already saw “what to do for faster hair growth. Now we should have a look at things which are not healthy for the hair.
Here are the things you should avoid if you want to make your hair grow faster.
- Avoid Shampoos With Silicone, Dimethicone, Siloxane, And Surfactants: These and other chemicals in shampoo make the hair dry and cause hair breakage.
- Do Not Expose Hair Directly To UV Rays: – UV rays from certain medical equipment, dental curing light, UV nail polish drying light, etc. should not be exposed to hair. Regular exposure to UV rays in the hot sunshine also damages the hair. Protect your hair by wearing a hat or cap when you have to be out in the hot sun.
- Avoid Tightly Wrapping Your Hair In Large Bathing Towel: – Tightly wrapping your hair bathing towel and keeping it for a long time is bad for hair. Your hair gets caught in all the woven fibers and every time several of the weak hair strands get broken in this process. If you have to wrap your hair, then use a super-thin and soft microfiber hair towels instead and avoid warping it tightly.
- Avoid Bleaching, Dyeing, Hair Extensions And Perms: – Any hair bleach or dye that has chemical ingredients are sure to damage your hair. A permanent wave hair-styling involves the use of heat and chemicals to break and reform the cross-linking bonds of the hair. This is sure to cause damage to hair.
- Avoid Chemical Based Hair Care Products: – Use only natural and organic hair-care products with no side effects.
- Do Not Use ‘Salt OR Chlorine Rich Water’ For Rinsing The Hair: – Excess Salt OR Chlorine in water makes the hair thin and dry which leads to hair breakage and increasing hair fall.