Are you wondering how to get Adderall prescribed by a doctor? Yes, it is easy to get an amphetamine prescription if you have severe ADHD symptoms.
In some states, it is not legally permissible to get Adderall without a prescription because of its rampant misuse. So you may need a doctor’s prescription to get it from a drug store or online.
Adderall is a controlled substance placed under Schedule IV lists and can be addictive when abused.
Adderall is the brand name of a stimulant drug useful for treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children and adults.
This ADHD medication contains two stimulant drugs, dextroamphetamine, and amphetamine. It stimulates the nervous system and improves a person’s attention, performance, and organization.
Amphetamine and dextroamphetamine are stimulants also useful for treating narcolepsy and chronic depression.
Why is Adderall a prescription drug?
In recent times, there has been a surge in the use of Adderall.
Currently, Adderall is one of the most popular medicines for treating ADHD.
According to one of the market survey reports, Adderall has seen a 3,000 percent rise in sales in the last decade. Approximately 22 million Adderall prescriptions are issued every year now.
The FDA has restricted the use of this drug for ADHD. However, the use of amphetamine-based pills has also increased for other reasons.
In the past, this drug was a generic readily available to all, like an OTC medicine. This led to the widespread abuse of this drug.
Adderall increases dopamine levels and triggers a feeling of euphoria, especially when taken in high doses. As a result, some people use this drug to get ‘high’; they often snort the pounded pills or inject them in diluted form.
Some people without ADHD began using this pill to improve their ability to think and focus. It is popular among students who are trying to boost their academic performance.
Amphetamine is known for its ability to suppress appetite, and for this reason, many use it for weight loss.
Off-label use of Adderall is growing widely. Perhaps people use Adderall more for non-medical purposes than for treating ADHD.
Many states have listed it as a prescription-only drug.
Why do people look for Adderall prescriptions?
Many people like to get it for various reasons. Most users of this drug prefer to call it legal. So it is natural for them to find out how to obtain an Adderall prescription.
Most states do not allow the sale, purchase, or use of Adderall without a doctor’s prescription.
Some of the reasons for getting this amphetamine drug prescribed include:
- Treatment of ADHD and ADD
- Medication for narcolepsy
- Enjoy the recreational effects of amphetamine.
- Treatment of self-diagnosed ADHD symptoms
- Try out the drug as recommended by a friend or relative.
- Improve the capacity to learn and study through boosted focus and attention.
- Appetite suppression to achieve weight loss
These are the most common reasons people try to get an Adderall prescription.
How do I get prescribed Adderall?
If you are diagnosed with ADHD, your doctor will prescribe Adderall. Usually, only a registered doctor can administer this drug. A neurosurgeon or psychiatrist is the most qualified to recommend using a stimulant drug. Keep in mind that psychologists cannot prescribe medication.
You are worthy of getting an Adderall prescription if you have some of the following symptoms of ADHD, such as:
- Easily distracted during work or study by unrelated stimuli
- Unable to focus on the small details of the work
- Do not have the ability to concentrate on work until its completion.
- Forgetfulness and disorganization
- A regular habit of procrastination
- Shifting from one task to another without completing the first one
- Restlessness and fidgeting, especially when seated
- Short-tempered and impatient
- Reduced ability to perform multitasking jobs
- Constantly interrupting others
If you are a narcolepsy patient, your doctor might prescribe Adderall. Some weight-loss specialists, like osteopathic or bariatric physicians, may prescribe Adderall as part of a weight-loss procedure.
ADHD Diagnosis and Medication
Unless your doctor is sure of your ADHD, he will not recommend stimulants. Tell your doctor the key reasons for prescription medication for ADHD treatment. The points to remember are:
- Learn everything you can about ADHD symptoms.
- Analyze if the symptoms you are experiencing are consistent with a severe case of ADHD that requires prescription medication.
- Consult a psychiatrist for a final diagnosis, guidance, and medicine.
- Have detailed discussions with your psychiatrist about the symptoms of ADHD that you have.
- Be honest with yourself, and never lie to your psychiatrist while answering questions the doctor would ask you.
- Tell your psychiatrist how often the symptoms occur and how long you have noticed them.
- Be upfront about wanting medication and demonstrate your keen interest in using prescription medicines as a treatment option for ADHD.
Can you get Adderall prescribed for recreational purposes?
No doctor will prescribe stimulant drugs like Adderall for recreational use.
Unfortunately, many people want to get it prescribed for recreational purposes. It is illegal and unhealthy.
The continuous use of stimulants can cause serious health problems sooner or later.
Some try to get a prescription for Adderall from a doctor on the false pretext of ADHD. They find non-existent reasons like excessive forgetfulness, concentration problems, restlessness, or impatience issues to convince the doctor about prescribing Adderall for them. Some try to enact ADHD symptoms to convince the doctor of their reason for using this drug.
How to get an online Adderall prescription?
It is possible to get an Adderall prescription online from doctors consulting patients via phone or videoconferencing.
If you have genuine ADHD or narcolepsy, contact your doctor to prescribe amphetamine drugs.
If the doctor is convinced you have ADHD, he may email the Adderall prescription to a pharmacy in your area. The pharmacist then checks the drug and provides you with the medication.
Please note that most doctors do not prescribe Adderall without an in-person diagnostic test. Even if the doctor prescribes the medication online, it will be a generic version of the stimulant, not Adderall.
Submitting a copy of the prescription makes it possible to buy Adderall online. You can find several online drugstores that courier medicine all over the world. When you purchase amphetamine or other stimulants online, you can never know their authenticity and effectiveness. Make sure to buy drugs online from reliable sources and reputed companies.
Use medication correctly
The side effects of Adderall are many. Once the doctor has issued it for treating ADHD conditions, you must use the medication correctly. Here are a few points to remember.
- Begin taking Adderall in small doses and gradually increase the dosage as directed by your doctor.
- Resist habit-forming and addiction tendencies while using this drug.
- Please do not share this stimulant medication with anyone; it is unethical and punishable.
- Never take an overdose of Adderall. If you think the prescribed dosage is not working, you should discuss the matter with your physician.
- Once you feel your ADHD symptoms are suppressed, quit using the pill until symptoms appear again; this helps prevent addiction and dependency.
The final thought
If you have ADHD symptoms and you genuinely need Adderall, your doctor will know and prescribe it for you.
There are other off-label reasons a doctor might prescribe Adderall, such as narcolepsy, treatment-resistant depression, or suppressing appetite. But the FDA approved the use of this pill only for ADHD.
Trying to get Adderall prescribed for reasons other than ADHD is not the right thing to do. Please note that using this stimulant for recreational purposes or weight loss can have severe side effects on your health.
Read next: Adderall For Weight Loss
- Symptoms of ADHD (WebMD)
- Drug Abuse And Treatments (DrugAbuse)
- Nonmedical Prescription Stimulant Use (National Library Of Medicines)