I am sure that you have heard a lot about the weight loss benefits of apple cider vinegar (ACV). However, you could be just wondering how to make the best use of apple cider vinegar for fast weight loss. We are going to see it in detail in this post.
ACV is a popularly used as a primary ingredient in several natural remedies for various diseases. It is said that the legendary Greek physician Hippocrates used it as an all-in-one panacea for treating a list of diseases. Today, its best-known uses are for detoxification, treating pneumonia, and weight loss (1,2,3).
ACV has a very special place in the weight loss diet world. There are several excellent apple cider vinegar diet recipes and drinks that will help you to lose weight naturally (4).
In this article, we shall be discussing briefly the diet benefits of ACV for weight loss and different ways to use ACV for weight loss.
- How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss Effectively?
Weight Loss Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar
The benefits of apple cider vinegar diet on weight loss are a widely discussed and debated topic. Some of the recent research opinions don’t fully endorse ACV as an effective fat burning diet and give only a glimmer of hope for using ACV as a reliable weight loss tool (5).
Here are some of the best-known weight loss benefits of ACV diet according to some of the research:-
- Appetite Suppresser: According to a study, the acetate property in ACV could help in suppressing the centers in the brain that assist in inducing appetite; this will result in reduced intake of food (9).
- Promotes Healthy Metabolism: According to one of the rat studies, the ascetic acid help in higher fat burning and lower production of sugar by the liver (10).
- Reduces Fat Storage: Another experimental study on rats proved the ability of the acetic acid to prevent obesity by reducing belly fat storage and liver fat (11).
- Burns Fat: Feeding rats with acetic acid showed a significant increase in genes responsible for fat burning which led to the subsequent decrease in body mass (12).
ACV is a very healthy diet that contains vitamins and minerals, powerful enzymes, potash, amino acids, acetic acid, pectin, alcoholic acids and propionic acid which help to improve health and metabolism.
Apple cider vinegar has antioxidants and antibacterial properties that help in reducing cellular inflammation and infections. It is just superb for promoting overall health.
How To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss Effectively?
You could also be interested in trying out the ACV diet for shedding belly fat and improving overall health.
Now we shall see how to use apple cider vinegar for weight loss; also look at a few ACV diets, drinks, recipes, and pills.
The easiest way to use ACV for shedding weight is to have 1 tablespoon raw organic apple cider vinegar mixed in a cup of water and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning. Ideally, you should be having 2 tablespoons of vinegar to a cup of water and have it 1 -3 times a day. But it is not easy for all to drink it that way for its funny taste.
The maximum weight loss results with ACV can be achieved when it is combined with other fat burning diets or as part of other recipes.
Now let us look at a few of the popular apple cider vinegar weight loss drinks and recipes.
1. ACV And Maple Syrup Mixture
Unrefined maple syrup contains antioxidants, beneficial nutrients, and phytochemicals than the fructose corn syrup or white sugar. Adding maple syrup in ACV makes the drink palatable and sweet without adding bad calories to it.
Usage Direction: Taka a glass of warm water and add to it 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar and sweeten the drink with 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Instead of plain water, you can use green tea with ACV and maple syrup for better fat burning results.
2. ACV and Water
Drinking 2 cups of water mixed with ACV before meals is good for appetite suppression and improving metabolism.
Usage Direction: Take 2 cups (5ooml) of water and add 1 tablespoon ACV in it; drink this ACV mixed water 30 minutes before the meal. It is the simplest apple cider vinegar weight loss drink.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar And Honey
Honey and ACV is the traditional health “elixir” recommended by Hippocrates of Greece. You can also blend the health ‘elixir’ with other herbal ingredients known for their fat burning quality. Here are a few the best combinations:
a) Mix two tablespoons of honey in an equal amount of ACV and add this mixture to 8 oz of water and drink it. Honey not only sweetens the drink but also brings many health benefits with it. It is best to have this drink 30 minutes before the meal.
b) Use vinegar and honey mixture as a salad dressing or mix it into fruit juices
c) Take a glass of water and add to it 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar, 2 teaspoon honey, a pinch of cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic paste, and 5 drops of lemon juice; stir the mixture well and drink 30 minutes before the meal. This drink is good suppressing appetite and improving metabolism and fat burning.
d) Add 2 teaspoon honey and 1 teaspoon ACV in 1 cup of freshly brewed green tea and drink it 3 times a day. Green tea can suppress appetite and increase the rate of metabolism.
4. ACV And Cinnamon
Cinnamon contains excellent natural ingredients that help to balance the blood sugar. The combination of ACV, cinnamon powder, honey and lemon juice is effective for weight loss and overall improvement of health.
Usage Direction: Take a cup of water and add to it two tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon honey, ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder and few drops fresh lemon juice. Stir the juice well and drink it 30 minutes before the meal daily.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar Dressed Salad
Make a salad with 2 tomatoes, 2 chop up cucumbers and 3 sliced onions. Dress the salad with a mixture of 2 oz each ACV and water, 2 teaspoon sugar, ¼ teaspoon black pepper and salt as required. Eating ACV dressed salad regularly with the meal will help in shedding weight quickly.
6. Additional Ways To Use ACV For Weight Loss
Here are a few simple apple cider vinegar weight loss recipes and diets:
- Use ACV with olive oil for salad dressing; it tastes great especially the leafy green salads
- Mix 2 tablespoons of ACV with orange juice
- Use with flaxseed and honey to create a power salad dressing.
- Use ACV for pickling vegetables and raw fruits
- Substitute ordinary cooking vinegar with ACV
- Use a little ACV when you are making any fermented food items
Apple Cider Vinegar Pills For Weight Loss
If you find hard to bear with the taste of organic ACV or inconvenient to prepare the ACV weight loss drink, you have the option to have apple cider vinegar pills for weight loss. It is available over the counter or online shopping portals like the Amazon.
The apple cider vinegar supplement usually comes as a 250-300mg pill which needs to be taken once a day. Do not consume the pills in excess dose or with organic liquid ACV.
There have been reports that warned the consumers to be careful of the sibutramine (an appetite suppressant) added in apple cider vinegar pills. The overdose of added sibutramine substance in the pill could result in side effects such as stroke, heart disease, and high blood pressure.
Certain brands of the apple cider vinegar supplements sold in the market are infused with silica, stearic acid, calcium, cellulose and various other minerals. An overdose of such added micronutrients could cause side effects to the body in the long run. As a precaution, always consult your physician or dietician before using apple cider vinegar supplement with added nutrients and minerals.
Tips And Warnings On ACV Diet
If you use the ACV rightly, you can expect to get good weight loss results with it but the wrong usage can cause side effects at the same time. Here are a few tips and warnings for ACV use:-
- Limit the daily intake of apple cider vinegar to 2 or 3 tablespoons per day; start off with 1 teaspoon per day and then gradually increase the intake as your body gets accustomed to tolerating ACV
- Always dilute the ACV in water, fruit juice, or honey
- Take the apple cider vinegar weight loss drinks 30 minutes before the meal
- Use only the raw, organic, unpasteurized and unfiltered ACV
- The effectiveness of ACV for weight loss do not have any scientific backing
- Overdose of ACV can cause hypokalemia which leads to osteoporosis (poor born density)
- ACV is not recommended for patients using laxatives, prescription medicines or diuretics
- Do not use undiluted ACV as it may damage tooth enamel and cause burn to the esophagus, indigestion, nausea, and heartburn
- Follow a balanced diet and do physical exercises to achieve maximum weight loss results with ACV diet
- Some might experience an allergic reaction such as itching, swelling, rash, breathing problems, etc. after ACV intake; discontinue this diet in such cases.
The Bottom Line
Hope this article has thrown enough light on how you can effectively use apple cider vinegar for fast weight loss; now you can try out some of the ACV diet recipes and drinks we have shared.
Certainly, apple cider vinegar is a wise choice to make because of the many health benefits you achieve from this natural diet. It detoxifies the body and improves the antimicrobial immunity of the body.
Regular intake of ACV proved to be beneficial for preventing diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, cancer, bad cholesterol, inflammation, acid reflux, indigestion and many other common illnesses.
You if you have not tried it, start taking apple cider vinegar weight loss drinks and recipes. Share your experience with ACV in the comment section below.
Read More About ACV And Weight Loss:
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss Work?
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar For Warts Removal Work?
- How Long Does It Take To Lose Weight? Pros & Corns Revealed
- How To Lose 30 Pounds In A Month?